Friday, June 28, 2013

Most Popular Posts

Here is a look at the historically most popular 7 posts of all time (by total views). The majority of my blog posts have been viewed less than 5 times, and there are quite a few that have been viewed less than 50 times (maybe someday I will find the actual data and give you a pie chart or something--cuz I know you are dying to know the details).

Apparently some of my posts draw repeated attention, and for sometimes not-so-obvious reasons. Keeping in mind that some of these posts have been around a lot longer than others, here are the numbers of total views for the top-ten most viewed OztNz blog posts of all time:

Jan 13, 2010
Feb 8, 2011
May 29, 2010
Feb 18, 2012
Dec 28, 2010
Nov 12, 2009
Jan 15, 2011
Mar 17, 2010
Nov 9, 2009
Oct 12, 2009


I see just a view things that I want to point out.

Haircuts- My most popular post

Blogger/Google tells me that this post receives most of its traffic from Google search. Common keywords that lead people to my random bad-hair day?

  • boys haircuts
  • number 2 haircut
  • terrible buzz cut
  • Cory Matthews haircut cycle of shame

Werds-

Several of the top 10 posts are Words-of-the-Day lists that I created faithfully during my Masters program.  Keywords that lead to these posts?
  • blunderbuss
  • alidade
  • filigree
  • frieze
Apparently some people out there prefer obscure bloggers' definitions over dictionary.com.

About Me-

The posts to which I link from my About Me page are unsurprisingly more viewed than others (though still much less than the Google-fed randomness above).

Other-
  1. I am tickled that my meme contribution from February of 2012 was a hit.
  2. I am saddened that Chevrolet (notice: no link = no SEO contribution; the free ride is over Chevy!) did not pay me more for the free ads I created and the exposure these ads have apparently received.

No comments :

Post a Comment