Sunday, October 23, 2011

Easy Come Easy Go

Dear Murphy,
Will you let me go?
Thank you,
me

I was listening to Dave Ramsey the other day--America's get-debt-free guru--and he mentioned how using the last of your savings to pay off your debt is probably a bad plan.  He cautioned that as soon as you deplete your reserves, Mr. Murphy comes a-knockin'.

Luckily, I have not been in that situation too often.  I much more experience with Murphy coming to call as soon as I finally DO have some savings.

Our budget is pretty tight, but sometimes my darling wife will succeed in selling something we do not need and bring in a little more cushion cash for us.

This week, we sold some baby furniture that we never really used.   Result: 50 bucks.

Later this week, we locked ourselves out of our house.  Guess how much a locksmith charges to unlock your house?  You got it.



4 comments :

  1. P.S.
    If you hire a locksmith to break into a house so that you can burgle it, make sure you are guaranteed to walk out with at least 50 bucks. just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S.
    I spent close to an hour trying to find a way to unlock my own door without a key... picking a lock is hard.
    So I thought!! This old, blind guy did it in 6 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.P.S.
    I do not condone burglary as a legitimate source of revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Corbin have a spare key? Sorry to hear about the difficulties! I do understand the Murphy's visits :-) And Mr. Ramsey makes lots of sense. Love you!

    ReplyDelete