Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Future

The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination.
-John Schaar

   I think these words are insightful and can teach us a lot.  Much of the future is in your hands.  Though I do believe in chance and coincidence, I also believe that the more you understand the laws of nature and the patterns of human behavior, the more predictable the future becomes.  Thus, the less scary the future is.

   If you want something to happen in the future, start making steps in that direction now.  Learn to understand how things are now, and what needs to change.  Then figure out what needs to be done in order for those changes to occur.  Finally, go out and do those things.

  People have asked me why I am so optimistic.  In part, the answer is because I feel so much in control.  I understand that I cannot control those things that are out of control, but everything else is fair game.  And the older I get, the longer I realize that "fair game" list really is.

UPDATE:
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
-Madame Marie Curie

2 comments :

  1. You are a wonderful young man and I admire your spirit and dedication! Love you! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, something that Ive been struggling with....I think (as always) you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete