Friday, March 5, 2010

Body Scrubber

I do not claim to know the statistics or the stereotypes about who uses bar soaps vs. body washes.  Frankly, I do not care.  I use body wash because I found that bar soaps tend to clog my pores and cause me problems.  I've also found that using some sort of abrasive sponge to apply said body wash has helped to increase the health of my largest organ--and before you get excited, I am of course referring to my skin.

image obtained from www.recyclethis.co.uk

The main reason I am telling you this is that we are going out of town today, and I was debating whether or not it is worth it to bring this with me.  It does not take up a lot of room in a suitcase, but it can sure leave a residue on anything that it touches and I wonder if I would still like to rub it all over my skin after it has been stuffed in a plastic bag.

I suppose the practical thing to do would be to buy a new one once I get home, and use it for the weekend.  You can get two for a dollar.  In the end, I would rather have the 50 cents and just let my dead skin cells build up for a few days.

This reminds me of a regular choice I have to make at work and school when I need a quick, food fix from a vending machine.  Most options range from $1 sandwiches and bagels to $2 sandwiches and hot pockets.  I always opt for the 90 cent burrito--for only $1 I can get a burrito and 10 cents.

Am I cheap?  I like to think of it as maximizing my utility.

3 comments :