Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to 7!

So I decided to try my hand at this whole online captain's log.  I have so far spent a grand total of some-odd days and several hours creating the basic design for this web page.  And not only did I come up with this fairly sweet look, I also learned quite a bit about HTML in the process.

This blog is kind of an experiment for me.  My intent is to be able to use this as kind of a journal of my experiences, funny things I notice, and epiphanies I have along the way.  My hope is that I can preserve these things for myself and also share my thoughts with those of you who may care.  I suspect at least my parents will be interested in the things that I am learning and accomplishing.

I want to give you a lot of background on my life, but I will probably have to explain things as I go.  For tonight--as it is actually 2 am as you can from the timestamp--I will just give you some basics.  I have been quite busy lately as I hope only a college student can be.  I say "I hope" not because I do not wish to be busy the rest of my life, but because I hope to be busy with things other than homework and studying for tests.  Someday I hope to be able to study things just for the sake of knowing things.  In the meantime, I am content to study for the sake of earning a degree so that I can get a decent job to support my family.

In future posts I will give you more details about school, work, my family, my aspirations, my introspections, and my phone.

Until then, how about an 80's movie quote:


Where we're going...we don't need roads.

2 comments :

  1. If you write it I will read it!-Megio

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact your blog is called "7" and your profile picture together remind me of this song by the pixies:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yHrEykOGpo&feature=fvwrel

    ReplyDelete