Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn Leaves

What a fun season!



My wife loves summer.  Luckily for us, her next favorite season is fall.  She tells me that fall is God's way of bribing her to allow Him to take away summer.  I'm personally of the opinion that summer would end regardless of my opinion or desire, but I would not be surprised if God did occasionally take advice from one of His most pure and beautiful angels.

(This is us at the Orchestra at Temple Square concert last night.  It was great!)




In any case, a few weeks ago we went to Provo canyon and took pictures of the colored leaves.  I happen to be colorblind, so you will probably appreciate the majesty of these better than I can.

 
 


Then today, we wanted to get a picture of the leaves on the ground.  They have been crunchy and delicious all week, but today it rained.  We did not want to miss our opportunity, though, so we took pictures on the rainy leaves anyway (see slide-show at beginning).

The pictures turned out great.  Our backs turned out wet...

3 comments :